Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome to Craft Ales and Fine Cigars

Hello everyone. This will be the first official post for Craft Ales and Fine Cigars, I'm hoping that with the knowledge that my family and friends have with both Craft Beers and Fine Cigars this blog will both be entertaining as well and educational to all of its participants. 

First things first....Lou, thanks for the spark that hopefully starts a wildfire here...I never knew that my Facebook posts about the beers and cigars I enjoy would spark such an interest. By no means am I the "expert" on either topic, just the average guy who has found enjoying Beer and Cigars a constant learning process, a process that can be very enjoyable. Also, Chris, Leon and Bob...You guys have turned me on to some wonderful cigars, I hope you all get the same enjoyment from this blog as I will. Your input into the cigar world would be a priceless addition, as well as helping to show others that there are some really great cigars out there to be discovered.

I will not be separating the 2 sections (at first); after all I'm new to the blogging world and well to tell the truth..... lost when it comes down to it all. So bear with me until I can get my feet wet and gather some insight on how this will all work out. 
The blog will also be supporting the local brewers, bottle houses as well as the various smoke shops around the area.

I have many ideas on what I would like to see in this site and will be asking for input as well, because after you all will be adding to success of the blog in the future. 
Any comments, suggestions or criticisms will be accepted.

So, sit back, read, post some thoughts and comments but just make sure you are doing it with your favorite beer and cigar next to you!

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts on Dragon's Milk? The beer, not like milking a dragon.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave...Thanks for visiting..
    It's made by New Holland Brewery (Michigan)....I have personally found it interesting. On the initial taste I got Vanilla and was expecting more earthy notes and hints of oak and less sweetness. For a 9% Stout it was very drinkable. I would buy another bottle or two for the fridge...Would like to get one and just sit on it for a year and see how it bottle ferments more....Try one out! Also, I would NOT recommend milking a Dragon either...drink 3-4 of these and you just might.

    ReplyDelete